Was Jesus a World-Changing Leader?
Historian Philip Schaff summarizes the impact of Jesus’ life and words: “Jesus of Nazareth…shed more light on things human and divine than all philosophers and scholars combined; he spoke such words of life as were never spoken before or since.…” 
In just three years of active ministry, Jesus changed the world for the next 20 centuries. Other moral and religious leaders have left an impact—but nothing like that humble carpenter from Nazareth.
- Human rights have been founded upon Jesus’ teaching.
- His words led to equal rights of women and minorities.
- Slavery in Europe and America were abolished by Jesus’ followers.
- Major universities such as Harvard, Yale and Oxford—were founded to proclaim his teaching. 
- Jesus’ compassionate words inspired countless charities and hospitals.
Yale historian Jaroslav Pelikan writes, “Regardless of what anyone may personally think or believe about him, Jesus of Nazareth has been the dominant figure in the history of Western culture for almost twenty centuries. … It is from his birth that most of the human race dates its calendars, it is by his name that millions curse and in his name that millions pray.” 
Non-Christian historian H. G. Wells agrees. When asked who has left the greatest legacy on history, he replied, “By this test Jesus stands first.”
Click here to read page 4 of 10 about “Who is the real Jesus?”